Solid surface countertops are a generic term for materials that are composed of two main ingredients: natural mineral filler and a resin binder. Along with a few other elements such as pigments, UV absorbers, stabilizers, and catalyst these materials are then cast into ¼, ½, ¾ or 1 ¼ (3cm) sheets that can be fabricated into numerous projects, one of the most common being kitchen and bath countertops.
Solid surface countertops resist stains and are impact resistant. Unlike natural stone options, they can also be easily repaired if needed. Seamless patches can be used and sanding can be done for visible scratches. That means your counters will be a lifetime investment.
Solid Surface products are some of the most unique materials for countertops and other surfaces. The acrylic-based resin solid surfaces can actually be heated and bent to almost any imaginable shape.
- Stain resistant (Most stains can be wiped or scrubbed away)
- Most surfaces can be marred, sometimes permanently, by such things as grease spots, blueberries, graffiti, makeup or lipstick, hair dye, shoe polish, or permanent marking pens. On solid surface, all of these blights can be removed with water or an abrasive cleaner and renewed to “look like the day it was installed”. That means your counters will be a lifetime investment.
- More affordable than other solid countertops products: One of the biggest advantages of solid surface counters is the price. These countertops tend to be more affordable than natural stone. Although that is the general norm, it is important to keep in mind that finishing, customization options and other factors will have an impact on the overall cost.
- Available in many colors: Can be used with any type of sink, including a seamless sink colored.
- Antimicrobial (Bacteria, mold and mildew resistant): Solid surface will not support the growth of bacteria, which makes solid surface invaluable in healthcare settings like hospitals, doctors offices, gyms, hospices, and retirement homes. Not to mention kitchens and bathrooms.
- Virtually invisible seams: With solid surface, the seams are either invisible or remarkably hard to detect. This is not only good for aesthetics, but it also eliminates a place for crumbs, dirt, stains, and bacterial and other pathogens to get into.
- Durability: You do not have to worry about water damage near sinks. Solid surface countertops resist stains and are impact resistant. Unlike natural stone options, they can also be easily repaired if needed. That means your counters will be a lifetime investment.
No matter what room requires new countertops, solid surface countertops provide a great, affordable option to refresh your home.
If you are in Viet Nam, come and visit our showroom to see a wide range of options available for solid surface counters, as well as options in quartz.